Capturing Kids Hearts
The primary focus of Capturing Kids' Hearts is to develop healthy relationships between members of a school's community.
* Develop self-managing classrooms and decrease discipline issues through innovative techniques such as a social contract
* Decrease delinquent behaviors such as disruptive outbursts, violent acts, and drug use
* Utilize the EXCEL Teaching Model and reinforce the role of emotional intelligence in teaching
* Build classroom rapport and teamwork to create a safe, trusting learning environment
* Develop student's empathy for diverse cultures/backgrounds
* Increase classroom attendance by building student' motivation and helping them take responsibility for their actions and performance